Saturday 29 March 2014

CEREBRAL PALSY - WHY I APPRECIATE THIS CLIP

Before I elaborate further, I would request that you please see the video :

http://www.upworthy.com/a-gorgeous-woman-shakes-her-body-on-stage-and-the-crowd-goes-wild?g=2&c=ufb1

Now that you have, I will explain why this clip has touched me so much.

Like Maysoon Zahid, I once looked after a little boy with severe cerebral palsy.

I still remember the first time I met him. He was lying on a mat on the floor,kicking his legs and turned to give me a smile that spoke straight to my heart. He was kicking....but not walking.

I went to his house every day that summer and held him up and taught him how to walk.

Believe me when I say,NOTHING in my life has given me that much joy than I got from seeing him take unsupported steps.

For able bodied people,we take our health for granted. Look down on others who are differently abled. Tease them,humiliate them just like Maysoon said the trolls do.

I know internet gives the courage for the bullies and the meek in real life to get extra brave and insult with aplomb.

But look at Maysoon. She addressed a roomful of what was to HER - differently abled people.

What did they do?

They stood up and clapped for the woman who can't stand without shaking.

Yes,Maysoon, you can can!


6 comments:

  1. Vixxy- I just saw the clip- Its Awesome-- And She is from NJ too.....
    After watching this clip- I just rememebered that even I had known of a little boy- who had severe CP and couldnt even speak, walk or even eat properly-this was about 15 years ago when I used to live in a different town in NJ.
    Thank You for forwarding this touchy clip here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! My first comment from Crazy!!!! * runs around the house screaming*

      Anyone who thinks the video is not worth seeing,is so mistaken.

      Delete
  2. Go to your other article- I wrtote there too- the one on Fandoms!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's high time we all learn that physically none of us resembles the other and we all have different capabilities

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I agree Masti! We accept we belong to various races, then why can't we accept people on their capabilities???!

      Delete