Saturday 22 March 2014

FANDOMS and My Failure at Being a REAL Fan


I wish I was the kind of fan
That chased every lead,
Every Barber,Every hotel,
Every source,Every journalist & co-star

#ButThatJustIsntME


I have watched Desi shows before. But wasn't active on social platforms. Then came a show Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon.

I went from merely watching the show on YouTube to commenting on it. From there to a dedicated blog...then to Twitter and there I finally learnt many a lesson.

As long as the show was on,I had poems,Shayaris,Symbolism posts,DP creations,commenting....so much to do.

And then the show ended.

Along with it,came the ugly side of fandoms. Camps,curses,scheming and self appointed leaders.

Now these leaders can sway the herd well....from cultured to downright ugly. I have seen it all.

Then the main lead does a movie....then another movie....and Maybe another if he is lucky.

In the process of the former two movies filming & it's subsequent "Almost shelved" current status,I have watched many a non-entity get bloated egos because 1000s of the actor's fans would follow ANYONE for a scrap of news.

I realised,that yes, I was a fan of the character,but I could not stalk anyone and everyone for news for the actor. I just wasn't fan enough. But because I wasn't blinded,I could see that in some ways,such madness could In fact impact an actor negatively too.

Let's hope the man has a release and a successful film......god knows many went with the same dream and returned with their tails between their feet.

Not everyone is a Shahrukh or a Sushant.

4 comments:

  1. And Yes Vixxy, if we were to go according to the Latest news, rumors doing the rounds, that actor has been roped in by John Abraham for his third Bollywood movie, name of which I am not yet aware of. Lets see how true or valid the news are and if it is so, then let me wish HIM my very best for his third bollywood Venture.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has confirmed that he is in Bhpoal shooting. So guess this could become his debut vehicle since 22 yards is only 15% shot & MAMR is in can.

      I will watch him IF he returns to TV.

      Delete
  2. i'm not part of anybody's fan club, but i do appreciate actors in some movies or roles, if i'm wrong so be it.......... i too wish this young man all the best, he's certainly talented enough

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many have talent and no luck. Hope Mother Luck sides him,third time around.

      Delete