Thursday 20 March 2014

Jodha - A Queen Or A Pampered Kid

As evident shows, I am a fan of the show Jodha Akbar.

Though I did not manage to watch the show from the start, I have been avidly following it for the past 4-5 months and based on that and past 2-3 days episodes,here is what I think.

Jodha, for a 15th century Begum of all people, got away with a lot.

Hence I am sitting with the dilemma of how different she actually is from Ruquaiya. They both do what they want and poor Jalal facilitates their desires.

Time and again I have seen Jodha's mother telling her what she should do,how she should behave but Jodha always does what SHE thinks is right.

I wonder at times if she has EVER,heart of hearts,felt she is human and very capable of making mistakes.

In keeping her promise to her rebel brother,will she now lose her husband's trust,love and indulgent behaviour? From what I have watched thus far, that looks a possibility. Do I think she deserves it? Yes.

Though I love Jodha,I also remember she was from the 15th century,not the 21st. I feel it will take losing Jalal completely and possibly being banished to Amer for her Amer obsession to stop. To make her remember,she no longer is Amer's pampered brat but a wife of an Emperor. For her to remember,as per the vows she took,her husband and his concerns MUST come before anything else.

She needs to realise, brothers may come and go,but she may never get Jalal back....EVER!

2 comments:

  1. More than anything else, it's the matter of trust. If she really wants her husband's safety & her brother's innocence to come out, she should have straightaway gone to Jalal & revealed everything. Jalal does trust her, even after seeing her with a disguised Sujamal he didn't doubt her. If only Jodha showed the similar trust on her own husband. & she forgets dat unlike Amer, Agra is filled with opportunists like Maham & Sharif, who just need 1 chance to creat a havoc. I think more than a spoilt brat she is a bit dumb in these matters. Nopw if Maham creates a misunderstanding yet again I won't blame her as Jodha herself paved the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent point. Trust.

      Yes, put the way you have, I now sit with the dilemma who she trusts more?!

      By This time,she knows and we know if she went to confide in him,and explained it well, he would give her the benefit of the doubt as he is right now.

      Another thing I would like to express here,is my doubt about whether she even considers Maham & Sharif as threats to Jalal at all!

      And yes,she always gives Maham ammunition to attack.

      As rumoured if Jalal banishes her from the kingdom, she might finally learn the lesson,that in her attempt to be the sole brilliant one around, she is "Na Ghar Ki,Na Ghat Ki"!

      Delete